Monday 14 June 2010

Hello and welcome to my Blog

Welcome to the blog of Marie... chief  needle holder of Sock monkeys by Marie... although I will be having lots of sock animal related posts on here, it will be a way for people to see what i get up too, when i don't have a needle in my hand!!
As many of you will already know, i am married to Pierre, we met on a poetry website, just over 2 years ago, and we have been married a year and a half, he is my world, my constant support, he is my other half, putting it quite simply. :)
I also have a son, he is 11 years old, and an amazing boy, 5 years ago he was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome (asd) but working together we have managed to make his life as easy and as simple as possible, he is a credit to me, and my husband, and i wouldn't have him any other way.. he is my Angel.
I have many and varied hobbies, if i could possible have a few extra day in a week i could possible squeeze some more in :D
I currently am making sock animals  and have an external website and one on Facebook as well. i will paste the links in when i can figure out how to do it!! I have made some amazing friends on Facebook, both sewing/business friends but also some amazing 'normal' friends..lol And some not so normal ones too!!!
I hope to be able to link some when i have the chance so you can see the amazing talents that are out there... don't forget to support hand made.

Here is a photo of one of the sock animals i have created.. her name is georgina!! Unfortunately she has been sold, but i am always adding more items like this to our on-line shop, so please keep popping by:)
Here is May, made from socks and reused materiel... stuffing is recycled pillow stuffing... so I am helping the environment too...

And here is Amos... a one off sock monkey... we have many more available on our face book page.. new ones being added daily :)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/SockMonkeysByMarie?ref=ts&ajaxpipe=1&__a=4

3 comments:

  1. well being that we are "new friends" I thought I would read your blog....we have the same name, you and I...I was named after my "creator" to some that is "GOD" or "GODLIKE" as in worship to...I guess you could say I am looking for my namesake, my biological Mother..just to thank her for creating me...it's a wonderful life so far with my adoptive family. My mother's name is Jane, and i have a little sister toy poodle, old and blind, but small and sweet, and I already love her..she's a little jealous of me getting attention, but she will get over that..i also have many many teddy bear friends, as jane is a collecter..of course her favorites are "handmade"..just looking for that special missing link!..keep on writing and I'll keep on reading..by the way, my middle name is the same as your hubby! funny huh?..love 'till next time~~Miss Marie Pierre Cheeky~~<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a new friend on FB love your blog. I have one called Smithy the UK Sock monkey if you would like to have a look http://www.monkeygang.co.uk/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
    Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or visit his herbs store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blog site. All my love,

    ReplyDelete